5 MINUTE VEGAN DOUBLE HOT CHOCOLATE
A delicious Holiday Double Hot Chocolate recipe that uses your choice of milk and Gerbs Allergy Friendly Chocolates.
Prep time 1 min | Cook time 4 mins
5-minute vegan hot chocolate made with simple ingredients you always have on hand. Creamy, luxurious and surprisingly healthy. Adapted from Minimalist Baker.
*1 cup Sunflower and/or Hemp Milk (you can use any milk substitute)
*1 Tbsp unsweetened GERBS Allergen Friendly Dutch Cocoa Powder
*1.5 Tbsp GERBS Allergen Friendly Dark Chocolate Chips (Mini Chips or Jumbo Chips, shaved)
* Sweetener of choice (I prefer 1 Tbsp raw sugar or 1/2 packet powdered stevia) *1/8th tsp peppermint extract (optional)
*Optional: Coconut whipped cream for topping
1. Add your choice of milk to a large mug and microwave for 1 minute. Alternatively, add to a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Once milk is warm, add GERBS cocoa powder, GERBS chocolate and your choice of sweetener and whisk to combine.
3. Put back in microwave or continue cooking on stove top until completely combined and has reached your preferred temperature.
4. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
5. Lastly, pop in a Peppermint Stick and top with Coconut whipped cream.
6. ENJOY YOUR STEAMING MUG OF HOLIDAY ALLERGEN FRIENDLY DOUBLE HOT CHOCOLATE!
Notes: *Nutrition information is a rough estimate for one serving with stevia for sweetener and 1.5 Tbsp coconut whipped cream.
Nutrition Information Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 190 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 6.8g Carbohydrates: 20g Sugar: 11gSodium: 193mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 2.5g
Leave a Comment