It’s no secret that the Nutrition Moms are fairly obsessed with Gerbs Chipotle Pumpkin Seeds! They are so flavorful and tons of fun to play with in the kitchen. After creating an AMAZING spin on guacamole, we started dreaming up new ways to cook with these tasty seeds. So, we challenged our talented nutrition intern, Ciara, with making an allergy-friendly tortilla soup featuring the pumpkin seeds. She did NOT disappoint! This delicious soup is quick, nutritious and can easily be made vegetarian by omitting the chicken and swapping in vegetable broth.
To our surprise, the pumpkin seeds not only added a great kick of spice but they also gave the soup a “creamy” thickness. It is incredibly satisfying! Pumpkin seeds are a great source of fiber, protein and healthy fats, which help us to stay full longer. This recipe is a winner!
Sun. Long, lazy days. Vacation. Farmer’s markets. There is a lot to love about summer. And, let’s not forget one of the very best things about summer: cooking on the grill! As a busy parent, there is no easier way to get a healthy, delicious meal on the table fast- and, with minimal clean-up. Honestly, the grill doesn’t just make mealtime easier- it makes our whole evening/bedtime routine run more smoothly. AMEN!
From a nutrition perspective, grilling is a fantastic cooking method. It requires little, if any, added fat and it offers endless versatility. With a little creativity, you can grill almost anything! There are the obvious choices- like meat and chicken- but fish, tofu, vegetables and homemade pizza are all delicious when cooked on the grill. That said, as the season goes on, it can be easy to fall into a grilling rut. But fear not, Gerbs has you covered with a variety of fun seasoning mixes and spices to keep the grilling season interesting all summer long. Here’s some tasty, healthy grilling inspiration:
- Grilled Fish Tacos! Sprinkle some Gerbs Key West Jumpin’ Jivin’ Seasoning on salmon or tuna, grill it up and serve with corn tortillas, fresh veggies, avocado and your favorite taco sauce.
- Gerbs Canadian Steakhouse Seasoning is delicious on just about anything. Try it on a lean cut of meat, such as a pork tenderloin. It also makes an outstanding marinade!
- Make the entire meal on the grill! Use Gerbs Vegetable’s Friend Seasoning blend to kick your grilled veggies up a notch. Just cut up your favorite summer vegetables, toss in a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with Vegetable’s Friend.
And, if you are looking for a new twist on traditional favorite, you’ve got to try our Sweet n’ Spicy Cranberry Turkey Burger recipe, below.
Another thing I love about grilling season, is the memories it evokes and helps create. There is something very social and nostalgic about cooking out. I have countless childhood memories of my father firing up the grill on a warm summer night. To this day, when I see my Dad standing at the grill, I feel like a kid again. As my own kids grow, I know that they, too will create similar memories to cherish. Cheers to the amazing Dads behind the Gerbs Nutrition Moms!
With Father’s Day just around the corner, Gerbs wants to celebrate Dads and grilling season. Comment on this blog post and tell us which spice is essential to your grilling season and you’ll be entered to win a cool Step n Store Toolbox filled with Gerbs Spices!
Hungry for More?
About the Blog
--by The Food Allergy Mom
The granola has a great rich, crunchy texture with just a hint of sweetness. Gerbs is family-owned and operated and owns all of their own machinery. Because of this, they are able to guarantee every product they sell is made from all-natural ingredients and is free from the top major recognized allergens: gluten, peanut, tree nut, soy, dairy, milk, egg, sesame, shellfish, and crustacean.
- Best Allergy Friendly World Famous Vegan Chili by Gerbs
- In Celebration of National Cherry Pie Day, we cooked up this simple & quick recipe!
- Top Gerbs Heart Healthy Foods in Recognition of American Heart Month
- Gerbs Hemp Seeds are a Top Nutritional & Health Superfood
- Gerbs Ultimate Allergy Safe Hot Chocolate (cocoa) Recipe