Country of Origin: Sold in 1 LB. Bags & Bulk Options Available
Ingredients: Buckwheat Grain
IMPORTANT NOTE: Although we are a dedicated no-nuts equipment facility, if you have allergies to any Gerbs Allergy Friendly products (chocolate, grains, seeds, fruits, rice or oats), please eMail us first before ordering: firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our raw ingredients are processed, packaged, handled, stored, and shipped by trained staff in our family owned & operated facility in Johnston, Rhode Island on dedicated non-GMO, Vegan, and Kosher Equipment. No Co-packers. No Co-manufacturers. For anyone with a mild to severe food allergy or a family with one, we wish to assure you that this is why Gerbs handles all aspects of production & operation, and we are among a handful of companies in the world who can state this.
This product was sourced by the Buyers at Gerbs who partner with the world’s top dedicated Natural, non-GMO, and Organic farms that harvest in dedicated facilities on dedicated equipment so there is no risk of the top food allergen’s and/or cross -contamination. Our goal is to give the Allergy Community relief in the battle of living with food allergies.
Gluten Free (including Wheat Free)
Tree Nut Free
NOTE: Orders 10 lbs. & greater will (at Gerbs discretion) ship in one large Bulk bag/package. Please eMail us prior to placing your order, with special requests to avoid bulk shipments (additional charges applicable). The buyer will assume all return shipping fee’s back to Gerbs and from Gerbs to the original shipping address. email@example.com
1. Best source of high-quality, easily digestible proteins. This makes it an excellent meat substitute.
High protein buckwheat flour is being studied for possible use in foods to reduce plasma cholesterol, body fat, and cholesterol gallstones.
2. Fat alternative. Buckwheat starch can also act as a fat alternative in processed foods.
3. The high level of rutin is extracted from the leaves for medicine to treat high blood pressure.
4. Non allergenic. Buckwheat hulls are used as pillow stuffing for those allergic to feathers, dust, and pollen.
5. May help diabetes. New evidence has found that buckwheat may be helpful in the management of diabetes according to Canadian researchers in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
With a glycemic index of 54, it lowers blood sugars more slowly than rice or wheat products.
6. Great for the digestion. “The properties of buckwheat are: neutral thermal nature; sweet flavor; cleans and strengthens the intestines and improves appetite. Is effective for treating dysentery and chronic diarrhea,” according to Paul Pitchford in Healing with Whole Foods (1993)
7. Chemical free. Buckwheat grows so quickly that it does not usually require a lot of pesticides or other chemicals to grow well.
8. Buckwheat grain is good at drawing out retained water and excess fluid from swollen areas of the body.
Read how to make a Buckwheat Plaster.
9. Buckwheat is a warming food. It is classified by macrobiotics as a yang food. It is great for eating in the cold winter months.
10. Buckwheat contains no gluten and is not a grain. It is therefore great for celiacs and those on grain free and gluten sensitive diets.
STORAGE OF GERBS
If properly stored, our Products will stay fresh so that you can enjoy them for an average 6-8 months. We strongly recommend storing in an airtight (dark colored/opaque) container in a cool, dark environment like a pantry or kitchen cabinet, away from direct exposure to sunlight or excessive heat like an oven. The amount of times you open the container and let in the harmful effects of oxygen will only increase the likelihood of rancidity; thus we encourage you do not empty more than 1 pound of product at a time, and to enjoy at least 1-3 ounces per day for optimal health benefits.
|Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 in|
|Frequency (how many times a month)|
1 x a month, 2 x a month, 3 x a month, 4 x a month, One Time Order