INGREDIENTS: Buckwheat Grain
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
HOW TO COOK: Combine 2 cups of water and 1 cup of buckwheat in a pot. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain excess liquid.
Although we are a dedicated 14 Free product line & facility, if you have an allergy(ies) to any Gerbs ingredients, please email us first before ordering, so that we can answer any questions and talk about your options: email@example.com
Our goal is to give the Allergy Community relief in the battle of living with food allergies. All of our raw ingredients are processed, packaged, handled, stored, and shipped by trained staff in our family owned & operated facility in Johnston, Rhode Island on dedicated non-GMO, Vegan, and Kosher Equipment. LEARN MORE
10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF BUCKWHEAT GRAIN
1. Best source of high-quality, easily digestible proteins. This makes it an excellent meat substitute. High protein buckwheat flour is being studied for possible use in foods to reduce plasma cholesterol, body fat, and cholesterol gallstones.
2. Fat alternative. Buckwheat starch can also act as a fat alternative in processed foods.
3. The high level of rutin is extracted from the leaves for medicine to treat high blood pressure.
4. Non-allergenic. Buckwheat hulls are used as pillow stuffing for those allergic to feathers, dust, and pollen.
5. Diabetes. New evidence has found that buckwheat may be helpful in the management of diabetes according to Canadian researchers in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. With a glycemic index of 54, it lowers blood sugar more slowly than rice or wheat products.
6. Great for digestion. “The properties of buckwheat are: neutral thermal nature; sweet flavor; cleans and strengthens the intestines and improves appetite. Is effective for treating dysentery and chronic diarrhea,” according to Paul Pitchford in Healing with Whole Foods (1993)
7. Chemical free. Buckwheat grows so quickly that it does not usually require a lot of pesticides or other chemicals to grow well.
8. Water retention: Buckwheat grain is good at drawing out retained water and excess fluid from swollen areas of the body.
9. Buckwheat is a warming food. It is classified by macrobiotics as a yang food. It is great for eating in the cold winter months.
10. Buckwheat contains no gluten and is not a grain. It is therefore great for celiacs and those on grain-free and gluten-sensitive diets.
Julie Merriman Donlan
GF Buckwheat I have been a repeat buyer of these wonderfully healthy buckwheat gerbs for some time. I have celiac disease and feel 100% confident this product is gluten free and safe from cross contamination. I have a handful with my cereal and berries every morning to ensure I get enough healthy nutrients. Highly recommend!
services (verified owner)
Yummy! Easy to cook and had for a morning breakfast with cinnamon, raisins, maple syrup! Yummy!
BEST FIND EVER! I have been searching for buckwheat that is allergy free. Gerbs is the only place I have been able to locate it. This buckwheat makes excellent flour. I will definitely be a repeat buyer. THANKS so much!