Country of Origin: Sold in 1 LB. Bags & Bulk Options Available
IMPORTANT NOTE: Although we are a dedicated no-nuts equipment facility, if you have allergies to any Gerbs Allergen Friendly products (grains, seeds, fruits, rice or oats), please email us first before ordering: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once at Gerbs all our raw ingredients are processed, packaged, handled, stored, and shipped by our specially trained staff in our family owned & operated facility in Johnston, Rhode Island on dedicated Top 11 Allergen Free, Non GMO, Vegan, and Kosher Equipment. No Co-Packers! No Co-Manufacturers! No huge box store Distributors! All areas of concern and risk for possible exposure and/or cross-contamination of the Top 11 USDA recognized food allergens. For anyone with a mild to severe food allergy or a family with one, this is why Gerbs handles all aspects of production & operation and it is why we say we are among only a handful of companies in the WORLD that can state this.
This batch and the ingredients for our Buckwheat Grain was sourced by the Buyers at Gerbs who partner with the world’s top dedicated natural, non GMO, and organic farms, who harvest in dedicated facilities on dedicated equipment, so there is no risk of top 11 food allergen’s and/or cross contamination.
At Gerbs, our goal is to give the Allergy Community a source of stress relief in the battle of living with food allergies. That goal is what motivates Gerbs, and it is what gives us so much sincere pleasure. We welcome emails and phone calls to answer any questions you or your family may have regarding our product lines.
This is what we mean when we say this Buckwheat Grain is Non GMO, Vegan, Kosher, and Top 11 Allergen Free:
Gluten Free (including Wheat Free)
Tree Nut Free
PLEASE TAKE SPECIAL NOTE: Orders 10 lbs. & greater will (at Gerbs discretion) ship in one large Bulk bag/package. Please email us prior to placing your order, with special requests to avoid bulk shipments (additional charges applicable). The buyer will assume all return shipping fee’s back to Gerbs, and from Gerbs to the original shipping address. Email us directly: email@example.com
1. Best source of high-quality, easily digestible proteins. This makes it an excellent meat substitute.
High protein buckwheat flour is being studied for possible use in foods to reduce plasma cholesterol, body fat, and cholesterol gallstones.
2. Fat alternative. Buckwheat starch can also act as a fat alternative in processed foods.
3. The high level of rutin is extracted from the leaves for medicine to treat high blood pressure.
4. Non allergenic. Buckwheat hulls are used as pillow stuffing for those allergic to feathers, dust, and pollen.
5. May help diabetes. New evidence has found that buckwheat may be helpful in the management of diabetes according to Canadian researchers in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
With a glycemic index of 54, it lowers blood sugars more slowly than rice or wheat products.
6. Great for the digestion. “The properties of buckwheat are: neutral thermal nature; sweet flavor; cleans and strengthens the intestines and improves appetite. Is effective for treating dysentery and chronic diarrhea,” according to Paul Pitchford in Healing with Whole Foods (1993)
7. Chemical free. Buckwheat grows so quickly that it does not usually require a lot of pesticides or other chemicals to grow well.
8. Buckwheat is good at drawing out retained water and excess fluid from swollen areas of the body.
Read how to make a Buckwheat Plaster.
9. Buckwheat is a warming food. It is classified by macrobiotics as a yang food. It is great for eating in the cold winter months.
10. Buckwheat contains no gluten and is not a grain. It is therefore great for celiacs and those on grain free and gluten sensitive diets.
|Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 in|
|Frequency (how many times a month)||
1 x a month, 2 x a month, 3 x a month, 4 x a month, One Time Order