SUPER 5 SEED MEAL INGREDIENTS: ground raw pumpkin kernels, ground raw sunflower kernels, ground raw black chia seeds, ground raw flax seeds, ground raw hemp kernels
GERBS ALLERGY STATEMENT
Although we are a dedicated 12 Free product line & facility, if you have an allergy(ies) to any Gerbs ingredients, please email us first before ordering, so that we can answer any questions and talk about your options: firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our raw ingredients are processed, packaged, handled, stored, and shipped by trained staff in our family owned & operated facility in Johnston, Rhode Island on dedicated non-GMO, Vegan, and Kosher Equipment. No co-packers. No co-manufacturers. For anyone with a mild to severe food allergy or a family with one, we wish to assure you that this is why Gerbs handles all aspects of production & operation, and we are among a handful of companies in the world who can state this. LEARN MORE
NUTRIENT VALUE OF THE SEEDS IN GERBS SUPER 5 SEED MEAL PROTEIN MEAL/POWDER
- 1. PUMPKIN SEEDS: One of the best, most alkaline sources of nutrition you can eat. They’re incredibly high in iron and magnesium, and contain a larger amount of protein than chia or flax per ounce, boasting a total of 5 grams per ounce. They’re also rich in B vitamins and are the only seed to actually have an alkalizing effect on the body, though many others are considered alkaline in nature. This means pumpkin seeds help counteract acidity and at the same time, provide the support your body needs to feel its best. They even contain high amounts of anxiety-relieving trytophan, an essential amino acid, which helps improve serotonin levels.
- 2. HEMP SEEDS: Is known as one of the top sources of complete vegan protein. They’re also rich in iron, chlorophyll, magnesium, Vitamin E, and B vitamins. Hemp seeds are also affordable per serving and lend 13 grams of protein per 3 tablespoons – something you can guarantee that no animal protein will give you! Hemp seeds are also the easiest seeds of all to digest and are easily assimilated into your body.
- 3. CHIA SEEDS: Another complete protein that is great for keeping you full and also ensuring you get plenty of iron and omega 3 fatty acids as well. You have to eat a lot more chia seeds than other seeds to obtain as much protein, since they only contain around 5 grams per two tablespoons, but they are still excellent sources to add and include in your diet. One reason being that chia seeds provide both calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium in incredibly in high amounts and also high amounts of water and fiber that help your body absorb these nutrients much easier. Some animal foods may cause an acidic overload that causes the kidneys to excrete these minerals via the urine, so chia is a great source of nutrition to help ensure those minerals stay in the body. Then there’s the blood sugar stabilizing effects that chia has; it helps keep blood glucose levels stable thanks to soluble fiber whereas animal foods have been shown to raise blood sugar and increase the risks of diabetes.
- 4. FLAX SEEDS: The tiny, golden-brown seeds of the flax plant are very effective at getting things moving again. High in fiber – in particular rich in insoluble fibre – which provides bulk and stretches the intestinal walls, triggering contractions and bowel movements. They also contain a soluble fibre called mucilage, which binds with water to create a gel that keeps movements soft. Flaxseed powder is without a doubt a great natural tool for regularity.
- 5. SUNFLOWER SEEDS: Sunflower protein is a complete protein because it provides all of the essential amino acids. This powder has a high concentration of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs Valine, Leucine and Isoleucine), which are well known for their ability to promote muscle growth and strength. Sunflower Protein Powder also contains over 19% BCAAs. Very digestible & easily assimilated.
STORAGE OF GERBS
We strongly recommend storing in an airtight (dark colored/opaque) container in a cool, dark environment like a pantry or kitchen cabinet, away from direct exposure to sunlight or excessive heat like an oven. The amount of times you open the container and let in the harmful effects of oxygen will only increase the likelihood of rancidity; thus we encourage you to not empty more than 1 pound of product at a time. YOU CAN FREEZE IT TOO!