Country of Origin: USA. Sold in 1 LB. Bags & Bulk Options Available
IMPORTANT NOTE: Although we are a dedicated no-nuts equipment facility, if you have allergies to any Gerbs Allergen Friendly products (grains, seeds, fruits, rice or oats), please email us first before ordering: email@example.com
Once at Gerbs all our raw ingredients are processed, packaged, handled, stored, and shipped by our specially trained staff in our family owned & operated facility in Johnston, Rhode Island on dedicated Top 11 Allergen Free, Non GMO, Vegan, and Kosher Equipment. No Co-Packers! No Co-Manufacturers! No huge box store Distributors! All areas of concern and risk for possible exposure and/or cross-contamination of the Top 11 USDA recognized food allergens. For anyone with a mild to severe food allergy or a family with one, this is why Gerbs handles all aspects of production & operation and it is why we say we are among only a handful of companies in the WORLD that can state this.
This batch and the ingredients for our Ancient Millet Grain was sourced by the Buyers at Gerbs who partner with the world’s top dedicated natural, non GMO, and organic farms, who harvest in dedicated facilities on dedicated equipment, so there is no risk of top 11 food allergen’s and/or cross contamination.
At Gerbs, our goal is to give the Allergy Community a source of stress relief in the battle of living with food allergies. That goal is what motivates Gerbs, and it is what gives us so much sincere pleasure. We welcome emails and phone calls to answer any questions you or your family may have regarding our product lines.
This is what we mean when we say this Ancient Millet Grain is NON GMO, Vegan, Kosher, and Top 11 Allergen Free:
Gluten Free (including Wheat Free)
Tree Nut Free
PLEASE TAKE SPECIAL NOTE: Orders 10 lbs. & greater will (at Gerbs discretion) ship in one large Bulk bag/package. Please email us prior to placing your order, with special requests to avoid bulk shipments (additional charges applicable). The buyer will assume all return shipping fee’s back to Gerbs, and from Gerbs to the original shipping address. Email us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Calories 142, Calories from Fat 10
TOTAL FAT: 1g – % of Daily Values 2%
Saturated Fat 0g – % of Daily Values 0%
Trans Fat 0g
SODIUM 4mg – % of Daily Values 0%
TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE 31g – % of Daily Values 10%
Dietary Fiber 3g – % of Daily Values 12%
PROTEIN 5g – % of Daily Values 10%
1. Millet is alkaline and it digests easily.
2. The Hunzas – who live in a remote area of the Himalayan foothills and are known for their excellent health and longevity – enjoy millet as a staple in their diet.
3. Millet will hydrate your colon to keep you from being constipated.
4. Millet acts as a prebiotic feeding microflora in your inner ecosystem.
5. The serotonin in millet is calming to your moods.
6. Millet is a smart carb with lots of fiber and low simple sugars. Because of this it has a relatively low glycemic index and has been shown to produce lower blood sugar levels than wheat or rice. (Kamari and Sumathi, 2002)
7. Magnesium in millet can help reduce the effects of migraines and heart attacks.
8. Niacin (vitamin B3) in millet can help lower cholesterol.
9. Millet consumption decreases triglycerides and C-reactive protein. Scientists in Seoul, South Korea concluded that millet may be useful in preventing cardiovascular disease. Nutrition Research. April 2010; 30(4):290-6.
10. All millet varieties show high antioxidant activity. A team of biochemists analyzed the antioxidant activity; all varieties showed high antioxidant activity. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 9 June 2010; 58(11):6706-14.
11. Millet is gluten-free and non-allergenic. A great grain for sensitive individuals.
12. Millet’s high protein content (15 percent) makes is a substantial addition to a vegetarian diet.
|Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 in|
|Frequency (how many times a month)||
1 x a month, 2 x a month, 3 x a month, 4 x a month, One Time Order