Country of Origin: USA. Sold in 1 LB. Bags & Bulk Options Available
Ingredients: Millet Grain
IMPORTANT NOTE: Although we are a dedicated no-nuts equipment facility, if you have allergies to any Gerbs Allergy Friendly products (chocolate, grains, seeds, fruits, rice or oats), please eMail us first before ordering: firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our raw ingredients are processed, packaged, handled, stored, and shipped by trained staff in our family owned & operated facility in Johnston, Rhode Island on dedicated non-GMO, Vegan, and Kosher Equipment. No Co-packers. No Co-manufacturers. For anyone with a mild to severe food allergy or a family with one, we wish to assure you that this is why Gerbs handles all aspects of production & operation, and we are among a handful of companies in the world who can state this.
This product was sourced by the Buyers at Gerbs who partner with the world’s top dedicated Natural, non-GMO, and Organic farms that harvest in dedicated facilities on dedicated equipment so there is no risk of the top food allergen’s and/or cross -contamination. Our goal is to give the Allergy Community relief in the battle of living with food allergies.
Gluten Free (including Wheat Free)
Tree Nut Free
NOTE: Orders 10 lbs. & greater will (at Gerbs discretion) ship in one large Bulk bag/package. Please eMail us prior to placing your order, with special requests to avoid bulk shipments (additional charges applicable). The buyer will assume all return shipping fee’s back to Gerbs and from Gerbs to the original shipping address. email@example.com
1. Millet grain is alkaline and it digests easily.
2. The Hunzas – who live in a remote area of the Himalayan foothills and are known for their excellent health and longevity – enjoy millet as a staple in their diet.
3. Millet will hydrate your colon to keep you from being constipated.
4. Millet acts as a prebiotic feeding microflora in your inner ecosystem.
5. The serotonin in millet is calming to your moods.
6. Millet is a smart carb with lots of fiber and low simple sugars. Because of this it has a relatively low glycemic index and has been shown to produce lower blood sugar levels than wheat or rice. (Kamari and Sumathi, 2002)
7. Magnesium in millet can help reduce the effects of migraines and heart attacks.
8. Niacin (vitamin B3) in millet can help lower cholesterol.
9. Millet consumption decreases triglycerides and C-reactive protein. Scientists in Seoul, South Korea concluded that millet may be useful in preventing cardiovascular disease. Nutrition Research. April 2010; 30(4):290-6.
10. All millet varieties show high antioxidant activity. A team of biochemists analyzed the antioxidant activity; all varieties showed high antioxidant activity. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 9 June 2010; 58(11):6706-14.
11. Millet grain is gluten-free and non-allergenic. A great grain for sensitive individuals.
12. Millet’s high protein content (15 percent) makes is a substantial addition to a vegetarian diet.
STORAGE OF GERBS SEEDS
If properly stored, our Products will stay fresh so that you can enjoy them for an average 6-8 months. We strongly recommend storing in an airtight (dark colored/opaque) container in a cool, dark environment like a pantry or kitchen cabinet, away from direct exposure to sunlight or excessive heat like an oven. The amount of times you open the container and let in the harmful effects of oxygen will only increase the likelihood of rancidity; thus we encourage you do not empty more than 1 pound of product at a time, and to enjoy at least 1-3 ounces per day for optimal health benefits.
|Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 in|
|Frequency (how many times a month)|
1 x a month, 2 x a month, 3 x a month, 4 x a month, One Time Order