INGREDIENTS: Millet Grain
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
HOW TO COOK: For a fluffy consistency, first toast 1 cup in a saucepan on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Next, add 2 cups of water (or broth) to the pot and stir. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Then lower heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
Although we are a dedicated 12 Free product line & facility, if you have an allergy(ies) to any Gerbs ingredients, please email us first before ordering, so that we can answer any questions and talk about your options: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our goal is to give the Allergy Community relief in the battle of living with food allergies. All of our raw ingredients are processed, packaged, handled, stored, and shipped by trained staff in our family owned & operated facility in Johnston, Rhode Island on dedicated non-GMO, Vegan, and Kosher Equipment. LEARN MORE
12 HEALTH BENEFITS OF MILLET
1. Millet grain is alkaline and it digests easily.
2. The Hunzas – who live in a remote area of the Himalayan foothills and are known for their excellent health and longevity – enjoy millet as a staple in their diet.
3. Millet will hydrate your colon to keep you from being constipated.
4. Millet acts as a prebiotic feeding microflora in your inner ecosystem.
5. The serotonin in millet is calming to your moods.
6. Millet is a smart carb with lots of fiber and low simple sugars. Because of this it has a relatively low glycemic index and has been shown to produce lower blood sugar levels than wheat or rice.
7. Magnesium in millet can help reduce the effects of migraines and heart attacks.
8. Niacin (vitamin B3) in millet can help lower cholesterol.
9. Millet consumption decreases triglycerides and C-reactive protein.
10. All millet varieties show high antioxidant activity. A team of biochemists analyzed the antioxidant activity; all varieties showed high antioxidant activity.
11. Millet grain is gluten-free and non-allergenic. A great grain for sensitive individuals.
12. Millet’s high protein content (15 percent) makes is a substantial addition to a vegetarian diet.
If properly stored, our Products will stay fresh so that you can enjoy them for many months. We strongly recommend storing in an airtight (dark colored/opaque) container in a cool, dark environment like a pantry or kitchen cabinet, away from direct exposure to sunlight or excessive heat like an oven. The amount of times you open the container and let in the harmful effects of oxygen will only increase the likelihood of rancidity.